|7/16/2014 3:22:00 PM|
Evanston Celebrates Independence Day 2014
The traditional Evanston Fourth of July blend of whimsy and seriousness – entertained the crowds as the annual parade made its way along Central Street between Lincolnwood Avenue and Ryan Field.
Community floats, youth groups, local business promotions and politicians, actors, musicians and buskers The traditional Evanston Fourth of July blend of whimsy and seriousness – entertained the crowds as the annual parade made its way along Central Street between Lincolnwood Avenue and Ryan Field.
The Grand Marshall of the parade was Chief Warrant Officer Brian Beatty
of American Legion Post 42 and VFW Wm. B. Snell, Post 7186.
Games in the parks preceded the parade, and an evening concert followed.
The noise and blaze of fireworks punctuated the night well past the end of the
official display from Clark Street Beach.
The parade, the concert and the fireworks are sponsored by the Evanston
Fourth of July Association, a private not-for-profit that has sponsored Independence Day celebrations since 1922.
President's Cup: awarded to the best group overall (most points overall)
• Cub Scouts Pack 929
Pelton Plaque: awarded to the outstanding neighborhood group
• Backlot Association
Chief Judges Award: given for special merit by the chief parade judge
• Evanston Escola de Samba
Awards by Category
• Heaven Meets Earth Yoga Studio
• West End Florist and Garden Center
• Duxler Complete Auto Care
• Backlot Association
• American Legion Post 42
• Mid-USA Falun Dafa Association
• Evanston Marching Kazoo Band
• Evanston Public Library Precision Book Cart Drill Team
• Piccolo Theatre
• North End Bunco, Parchesi, and Weight-Dropping Auxiliary
• The Fabulous All-Amerika Marching Drum and Bugle Corpse
• St. Nicholas Parish
• Genesis Drum and Bugle Corps
• South Shore Drill Team
• North End Mother's Club Presents The Pipes and Drums of the Chicago Highlanders
• Jesse White Tumbling
• Associacion Charros la Mesa
• Illinois Wheelmen
• Motor Vehicle
• David Rothschild and Larry Appel – Antique Fire Engines
• Midwest Chapter- Model T Ford Club
• Illinois Regional Model A Restorer's Club (MARC) Youth
• F. A. A. M.
• Evanston Girl Scouts
• Evanston Township High School
Article Comment Submission Form
Click to View Upcoming EventsSubmit Event