In an effort to maintain track along the CTA Purple Line, eliminate slow zones, and continue to provide quality rapid transit service, work will be performed that may affect you. While progress sometimes comes with inconveniences, the CTA is doing their best to keep them to a minimum.
Location: Purple Line tracks between Milburn Street and the Linden rail terminal
Dates: Sun., Nov. 3 through Thurs., Nov. 28, 2013
Sundays through Thursdays, nightly 9pm to 4:30am next day
Saturdays and Sundays only: Nov. 2 through Dec. 1, 2013
7am to 7pm, each day
Work Activity: Track Maintenance
- Trains will operate on a single track at the Central Purple Line station
- There will be noise while the work is being performed
- Noise may include: engine noise from diesel track maintenance equipment; beeping from backup alarms on track maintenance equipment; crunching rock and metal on metal hammering
- There will be light in the work zone
- There may be delays to train service along the Purple Line
- There will be lane closures and parking restrictions during weekend work.
If you have any questions or concerns about the work activity, please call Ryan Mouw, CTA Government and Community Relations at 312-681-2751 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach the City of Evanston, call 3-1-1.